Applications for the 2012 scholarship round have now closed and will reopen again in June 2013.
- $1000 towards study costs for your first year and $2000 for each of the other years of your law degree.
- $5000 additional payment on receiving and accepting a graduate position with Russell McVeagh.
- Work experience at Russell McVeagh during part of the winter term holidays.
- A Russell McVeagh solicitor or Partner as your mentor - for support, guidance and practical help throughout your time at law school.
- The opportunity to summer clerk at Russell McVeagh in your penultimate year of law.
- Along with the benefits mentioned above, you will also be invited to numerous social and work related events throughout the year, allowing you to be fully immersed in and part of the Russell McVeagh family.
We're looking for:
- All-round achievers who have top academic results.
- Personalities characterised by drive, enthusiasm, integrity and commitment.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral, alongside the ability to relate well to others.
- The desire to be the very best in your chosen career of law.
You apply by:
- Completing an application form and attaching a covering letter. The letter should outline your reasons for wanting to become a lawyer in 500 words or less.
Along with these, enclose:
- A written endorsement from your current school Principal.
- Any additional references from others who know you well (such as a teacher, sports coach, minister - but not family!).
- A copy of your CV (please do not staple or send originals).
- Two good quality, passport sized photos, named on the reverse.
* Remember - scholarship winners must retain a place at a New Zealand University Law School!
The Scholarship Programme